JROTC MAGIC BATTALION
JROTC is designed to teach high school students the value of citizenship, leadership, service to the community, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment, while instilling in them self-esteem, teamwork, and self-discipline.
Its focus is reflected in its mission statement, “To motivate young people to be better citizens.” It prepares high school students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges as American citizens.
The program is a stimulus for promoting graduation from high school, and it provides instruction and rewarding opportunities that will benefit the student, community, and nation.
- Teaches students to improve themselves.
- Prepares students to do their best in school and life.
- Increases students' interest in their country and community.
- Develops students' confidence and self-discipline.
- Gives students something important to belong to.
- It's fun!
SOME FACTS ABOUT THE JUNIOR ROTC PROGRAM:
- Unit formations and functions are conducted by the cadet chain of command.
- There is NO military obligation for being a part of the JROTC.
- All uniforms and equipment are issued free of charge.
- The JROTC course is an elective with full course credit.
- Classes meet every other day throughout the school year for one credit.
- The Magic Battalion offers both in-school and after-school activities such as color guard, drill team, Adventure Club, rappelling, river rafting, field trips, JCLC (Junior Cadet Leadership Challenge) summer camp program for one week at the end of the school year, dances and military balls, community service and parades.
- You can be part of the unit for one, two, three or four years.
- The classes are taught by Army Instructors, assisted by the Senior Cadets.
Please contact your guidance counselor if you'd like to become a member of the JROTC.