NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY
What is NAHS? The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) is designed specifically for high school students. In 1978, the National Art Education Association began the National Art Honor Society program to inspire and recognize students who have shown an outstanding ability and interest in art. The NAHS strives to aid members in attaining the highest standards in art scholarship, character, and service, and to bring art education to the attention of the school and community.
- Maintain a 93 average in a regular art class.
- Maintain a B (85) cumulative average in all other subjects.
- Pay an annual due of $15.00
- MUST ATTEND ALL MEETINGS: Attendance at all meetings is MANDATORY. If you are absent you must fill out an absentee form outside of Ms. Held's room 121. Place inside box and the Officers will vote whether or not to approve your excuse.
- Complete 5 hours of community service in the visual arts EACH YEAR. Many opportunities to earn these hours are provided through our fundraisers, art workshops, and other community related events. If you complete community service at an NAHS event/fundraiser you must sign in/out on the NAHS clip board (you no longer need to fill out an community service form for NAHS events). If you complete art-related community service outside of an NAHS event/fundraiser you must fill out an community service form outside of Ms. Held's room 121. Place inside box and the our Secretary will record your hours. Members must:
- MUST participate in AT LEAST 50% of our projects/fundraisers/events
- Must remain an active artist if your school schedule does not include a visual arts class.