A well maintained instrument is a happy instrument. If your instrument is not in top working condition it may be making it hard for you to play! Help protect your investment.
Click on the below instructional videos:
- Flute Care & Maintenance
- Oboe Care & Maintenance
- Clarinet Care & Maintenance
- Saxophone Care & Maintenance
- Trumpet Care & Maintenance (similar for Euphonium + Tuba)
- French Horn - how to oil rotary valves (start at 1'12")
- French Horn (Quickly Remove Water)
- Trombone Care & Maintenance
- Snare Drum - changing snare head
- CLEANING (Trumpet, Baritone Horn, Tuba)
Make sure your instrument is in excellent playing condition by having it play tested by and serviced by professional. Small issues can make an instrument difficult to play without you knowing what the problem is (but a professional can!). Contact us if you need assistance finding an instrument repair person.
Brass instruments - if you never had your instrument professionally chemical cleaned it is HIGHLY recommended. Otherwise, view the videos on our band website so you can wash the inside of your instrument, oil the valves, and grease the slides.
Woodwind and Percussion Players – View the videos on our band website for your specific instrument.